Monday, January 24, 2011

Man Fired After Posting Singles Ad

ROXANNE, CA--Steven Peters was fired on Friday, when his boss, Mike Howard, received an anonymous email with a link to a singles ad that Peters had put up the night before.

"I was just checking my morning emails," said Howard, who was working on his laptop, "when I came across one from someone I didn't know. The only thing that made me open it was the subject. It read 'STEVEN PETERS IS A GODDAMN RACIST MOTHER----' I don't wish to repeat the rest. Anyways, when I opened it, all there was was a link, so I clicked on it and it brought me to the Roxanne Review online singles ads. And that's where I found this."

Howard turned his laptop around to show us the page. On it was a picture of Peters standing on a stage, with a microphone in his hand, and beneath it read:

LOTS OF LAUGHS: Striving comedian, looking for a nice Jewish girl, who is part black, part Asian, part Mexican, part Middle Eastern, part Indian [red dot, not feather], and part-whatever other race that will keep me from being called a racist if I were to tell a joke about that race. 909 ### ####.


Peters, on stage at Roxanne Baptist Church, warming up the crowd for bingo night.
Howard admits being perplexed as to what to do upon reading the ad. "I didn't want to fire him. Peters is a hard-worker and a great guy. But that ad just made him sound like a goddamn racist motherfu--sorry I almost got carried away there. It made him sound bad. And I have several nice, hard-working African American men and women--who are honest, I've never seen them steal anything. I've got several of them working for me. They're great. So I didn't want them to feel weird. So, I fired him."

Peters didn't have much to say when asked for his opinion about the situation. "Oh, it's just a bunch of bull----! I can't believe it. If that ad proves anything, it proves I'm not a racist. I mean, I want a girl who is all those races. I want to embrace her. For everything that she is. Besides, comics do this kind of thing all the time. Look at Ray Louis. He's been married 5 times. To who? Once to a black chick, once to an Asian chick, once to a Mexican chick, and two times to Arab women. Now he's dating a Jew! At least I'm trying to do it all in one shot!"

Howard has made no efforts at re-hiring Peters, and he doesn't plan to, something that Peters has no qualms about. "I'm done working there. It's time to focus on my real career. Telling jokes. I just have to find my wife, first. I can't tell any of the jokes I want to tell right now. They all make me sound like a goddamn racist motherfu----. And I'm not! I swear!"


No comments:

Post a Comment